Welcome to the Quaboag Connector!
The Quaboag Connector is a van that provides transportation service in the Quaboag Region. The van will follow a somewhat flexible route going different places on different schedules.
QUABOAG CONNECTOR INFORMATION
TOWNS SERVED: Belchertown, Brookfield, Hardwick, Monson, Palmer, Ware, Warren and West Brookfield (more towns may be added later). Click here to see map of towns served.
WHO CAN RIDE: Anyone from the “towns served” can travel between or within these towns! Children age 12- 18 may ride alone with written parental permission. Click here for the permission form and related information.
COST: $1 each way ($2 round trip)
HOURS OF SERVICE: Monday through Friday (except holidays) 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM
TRIP PRIORITIES: Trips related to employment and education are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Rides to work, job training programs & other job-related destinations take first priority along with rides to connections to get you to community college, education and training programs.
Requests for other purposes such as medical or shopping are put on a waiting list and will be confirmed or re-booked 1 days prior to the ride.
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
- Call (413) 544-3401 to request a ride by voicemail. Use the chart below to see when to call to request a ride for a certain day (and time). Leave your name, phone number, pick up address, drop off address, the date and time that you wish to arrive at your destination and whether or not you need a handicapped accessible vehicle.
*If the day before you want to ride is a holiday, please call one extra day in advance to request a ride.
Please note that there is no service on the Quaboag Connector on weekends or holidays.
- Your ride is not “reserved” until you get a call back from the Quaboag Connector Dispatcher confirming the date and time of your reservation. The Dispatcher will call you after 5:00 PM.
- Cancellations must be called in at least 24 hours before your scheduled pick up time.
- Round trips to & from the same starting point may be requested with one phone call.
- Requests to book regularly recurring trips (“standing orders”) will be considered for employment and education rides only – on a space-available basis.
- If you are riding for employment or education (see “Trip Priorities”), the Quaboag Connector will wait for you to drop off or pick up your child at daycare (IF the daycare is in one of the towns served), then continue on to your destination. You need to tell the Dispatcher the address of the daycare in your Ride Request.
- Children ages 12 – 18 with written parental permission (click here for the form) will be driven to the confirmed destination on the Driver’s log.
WEATHER POLICY: There will be no service if the Quaboag Regional School District is closed OR if the Governor declares a State of Emergency.
PICK UP/DROP OFF POLICY: The Quaboag Connector will arrive to pick you up within 20 minutes of the “pick up window” stated by the Dispatcher. Riders are expected to be ready at the beginning of the “pick up window” – Drivers will wait only five (5) minutes. If the van is late, the Dispatcher will attempt to call you with an updated arrival time.
TRAVEL TIME and GROUP TRIPS: Because you and other riders may have different destinations, please understand that your route may not always be direct and may take extra time to get everyone to where they’re going.
DRIVER ASSISTANCE: This service is offered “curb-to-curb”, which means that Drivers can assist riders if requested to get on and off the van. Drivers cannot escort customers beyond the curb. Drivers are prohibited from loading or unloading bags or packages. Grocery and shopping carts are not allowed on the Quaboag Connector.
CONNECTIONS: the Quaboag Connector can help you reach other transportation services in the region. These include:
- WRTA Route 33 at Brookfield Center, inbound to Worcester weekdays at 5:39AM, 7:35AM, 6:10PM, and 7:10PM.
- PVTA Ware Shuttle: 7 in-town trips each weekday with local hourly departures from 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
- PVTA Palmer Village Shuttle: 8 trips each weekday with 1- and 2-hour departures from in-town locations and 4 trips per day to Eastfield Mall in Springfield.
PVTA Route 45: 8 trips on weekdays from 7:10AM to 7:50PM between Belchertown Common and UMass Amherst (reduced service when UMass not in session).